Maca Root Supplement Manufacturing is a very popular product that provides benefits that are currently being studied by experts. The following are some of the top benefits of taking maca root supplement:
- Increased Energy Levels: One of the main benefits of taking maca root supplements is that they can help to increase energy levels. This is due to the fact that maca root is a natural source of caffeine, as well as other nutrients that help to boost energy levels.
- Improved Sexual Function: Another benefit of taking maca root supplements is that they can help to improve sexual function. This is because maca root is known to be a natural aphrodisiac, which can help to improve libido and sexual performance.
- Reduced Stress Levels: Maca Root Supplement Manufacturing can also help to reduce stress levels. This is because maca root is a natural source of magnesium, which is known to help to reduce stress levels.
- Better Mood: Maca Root Supplement Manufacturing can also help to improve mood. This is because maca root is a natural source of serotonin, which is known to help to improve mood.
- Improved Memory: Maca Root Supplement Manufacturing can also help to improve memory. This is because maca root is a natural source of B-vitamins, which are known to help to improve memory function.
- Increased Bone Density: Finally, maca root supplements can also help to increase bone density. This is because maca root is a natural source of calcium, which is known to help to improve bone density.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
As you can see, there are many benefits of taking maca root supplements. If you are looking for a way to improve your energy levels, sexual function, stress levels, mood, memory function, or bone density, then maca root supplements may be the perfect solution for you. Contact your local health food store to find out more.
Maca Root Supplement Manufacturing History
Lepidium meyenii, Maca root is a plant in the broccoli family related to turnips, from Peru. Maca’s history can be traced back over 2000 years ago when it was used by Incas as a food source and given to their warriors before going into battle. It is known for its ability to restore sexual function in menopausal women and increase fertility levels in both men and women. It has been traditionally used as a natural energizer, aphrodisiac, dietary supplement that helps balance hormones naturally resulting in increased stamina and endurance along with boosting libido.
Maca is a Peruvian root vegetable, which is typically dried and used as an ingredient in food or medicine. It can be found in powder form, pills, or even as a liquid extract.
Traditionally maca has been used by Andean mountain dwellers as a highly nutritious food staple for centuries. Although it was never known to outsiders until relatively recently, it has become an increasingly popular supplement due to its reported stress relieving properties, increased energy levels, increased libido, treatment of erectile dysfunction, increasing sperm count, increasing fertility in both men and women, increasing sex drive among other things.
GMP Maca Root Supplement Manufacturing
The process of manufacturing raw maca root powder under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). The article will continue with identification testing; physical, chemical, and microbiological testing; documentation procedures; packaging requirements; transportation requirements; storage conditions required for a finished maca root product.
The manufacturing process starts with obtaining the raw maca root that is harvested. Once harvested, the roots are washed before being transported to processing plants. The roots are dried at low temperatures in a hot air tunnel drier with forced ventilation until the moisture content reaches about 6-8%.
Packaging of Maca Root Supplement & Transportation
After harvesting and drying roots under cold conditions (<5oC), they are sorted based on their physical characteristics such as length, diameter, and coloration. Then are peeled prior to being ground to a size of 20 to 40 mesh. Depending on the buyer’s requirements, this can be a separate processor combined with drying and grinding into a finished product. The maca root powder is packed in 25kg carton boxes and placed inside wooden cases for transportation. Maca root should be transported under cool conditions at temperatures between 5-10oC. The product should be well protected from light and moisture during storage.
Possible Outcomes Resulting from Non-Compliance for Maca Root Supplement Manufacturing
Maca root is classified as an herbal medicine not requiring premarket approval under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA). Under DSHEA, manufacturers do not need FDA approval before producing or selling dietary supplements. However, the Food, Drug & Cosmetic Act prohibits the introduction or delivery for introduction into interstate commerce of food that contains unsafe food additives or new drugs. Under section 402(a)(1) food is deemed adulterated if it bears or contains any poisonous or deleterious substance which may render it injurious to health. Maca root is not permitted in processed foods because its GRAS status has not been established by FDA through scientific procedures.
Manufacturers are responsible for assuring that the dietary supplements they manufacture and/or distribute are safe and that all claims associated with their products are substantiated by adequate evidence to show that they are not false or misleading under section 403 of the Federal Food Drug & Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act). FDA can take action against unsafe dietary supplements that are adulterated. Typical types of enforcement include seizure, injunction, and criminal prosecution. Maca root is not permitted in processed foods because its GRAS status has not been established by FDA through scientific procedures. The cGMP regulations apply to all aspects of the manufacturing processes including purchasing, receiving, reviewing, storing, inspecting testing, packaging, and labeling operations
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.